iPhone 3G Syncing/Backing Up

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MarkW19, Jul 12, 2008.

1. MarkW19 macrumors 65816

Just about every time I sync my 3G, it starts doing a full back up, which would take around 20-30 minutes if I left it going. It does this about 90% of the time.

Does anyone have any ideas?

2. iaredhead macrumors newbie

ÂÂ Once iPhone has been configured to sync with a particular computer, iTunes
    automatically makes a backup of iPhone on that computer when you sync. iTunes
    won’t automatically back up an iPhone that is not configured to sync with that
    computer. If you have configured iPhone to automatically sync with iTunes on a
    specific computer, iTunes will back up iPhone every time you connect it to that
    computer. Automatic syncing is turned on by default. iTunes only makes one backup
    each time you connect, even if you sync multiple times before disconnecting.

Looks to me like the way around it is to do the manual syncing, which is what I have always done anyhow. I hope this helps you. ;)

3. MarkW19 thread starter macrumors 65816

Right, I see. Slightly annoying though! Yes, manual syncing may be the way to go.