iPhone 3G take back to apple store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ThomRimmer, Jun 16, 2010.

1. ThomRimmer macrumors member

Hi,

To cut a long story short ive got an iPhone 3G that's about 5months old, brand new from insurance claim on dropped original one.

The battery is now down to lasting about 7hours from full to dead, which wasn't the case with my last one.

Am I right in thinking I'm covered under my apple manufacturers guarantee to take it to the store for fixing or replacing. If so do they still have 3G ones to replace mine with as it's now 2models old? If not what happens?

I should say it's a black 8GB model.
    I'm in the UK as well.
    Thanks in advance for help/advice

Thom

2. ThomRimmer thread starter macrumors member

3. hancock macrumors member

you would most likely get a refurbished 3g if they still have them. That is if are good and convincing people:)...try to find some dead pixels on your screen if you can, that should help ur case

4. ThomRimmer thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the response, there's actually a few problems with this handset that ive just put up with as it's quite a treck to my nearest "genius" bar!

The signal magically disappears when somebody sat next to me on the same network has full or near full. The battery is terrible, it's really slow. I didn't get any of these problems with my first handset.

If they havnt got any 3G models left will they give me at 3GS, money or do nothing?

Thanks