Iphone 3g text problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Cristian, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Cristian macrumors 6502

Cristian

I just got the iPhone 3g 8 gig the 21st.. I been having problems receiving text from basically anyone who doesn't have AT&T.. Anyone have any thoughts?? Help would be greatly appreciated.. It has the latest update also..

2. iEric87 macrumors newbie

You port your number over from a different carrier....let's say Verizon or Alltel? That is a known issue with port overs. Call customer care and have them reset your account.

3. Cristian thread starter macrumors 6502

Cristian

no I didn't port any number.. It's a new number.. New contract..

Will reseting the account work?

4. iEric87 macrumors newbie

Yes it will. But if you did NOT port over a number than the cause may be just a bad text message plan added to the account. Have them take off and re-add your text message plan first. If that doesn't work have them reset the account.

From my understanding, you are able to send out text messages ok, correct? Receive phone calls and make phone calls, correct?

UPDATE: In what manner were your features added to the account? Did ATT add your features right from their PC or did they have to call them in for some reason? Calling in iPhone features is the WORST possible thing that can be done...only creates problems it seems.

5. CitiuS macrumors newbie

I have EXACTLY the same problem. Were you able to solve this problem??

6. Tattooz macrumors member

Tattooz

7. stieny macrumors member

I had this problem when I first joined AT&T over 2 years ago. It had nothing to do with the phone I had at that particular time. It was some kind of error with my account.

I spent a lot of time talking to customer service on the phone and in the store. They finally switched my number and sim card and re-activated my account. It has been fine ever since.

I would go into a store with a friend that has a different carrier. Then you can have your friend text you and have them sort it out right there.Thats what I ended up doing.

Good luck.

8. Tattooz macrumors member

Tattooz

Thanks I have been doing alot of searching and thats what I keep finding. I guess I need to go to AT+T and have my account reset.....
    Thanks Stieny, Hey your not in Henniker NH are you?

9. stieny macrumors member

No problem. And no, I'm in Pittsburgh, PA.

10. 24bbrou macrumors newbie

hOPE DIS WORKS

The reason is because u have to reset da settings on your iPhone, I have a iPhone 3gs and mine does that, call 1-800-iphone