iPhone 3G themes from computer to iPhone???

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dana1393, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Dana1393 macrumors newbie

hi I'm new to this and I need help! How do I get themes from my computer to my iPhone? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

You need to SSH to your iPhone and put them in the proper directory. Or just use Cydia and Winterboard instead of manually SSH'ing to the iPhone. I assume your iPhone is Jailbroken, correct?

3. LoMonkey macrumors regular

First make sure you've jailbroken your phone and then enabled SSH. (There are tutorials everywhere for this) Also, install WinterBoard from Cydia.

Then, open your SSH client on your computer. (I recommend WinSCP for PC, and Cyberduck for Mac). Choose SSH as the protocol in Cyberduck or WinSCP, then type the IP address of your phone. (You find this in Wifi Settings) The default credentials are username: root password: alpine

Once logged in, navigate to /var/stash/

From there, you'll see a directory called Themes.XXXXX with the X's varying from phone to phone. Upload your theme into that folder.

Now, respring your phone and then open WinterBoard. Your theme should appear in the list. Select it, and it will respring your phone, and there you go!