iphone 3g (tmobile) 2.2 edge problem

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Ipaqman, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Ipaqman macrumors 6502

hi there,

i just updated my iphone 3g firmware today from version 2.1 to 2.2 and have a problem with EDGE. i am using an iphone 3g with t-mobile and a gevey sim and with 2.1 it worked perfectly. i upgraded to 2.2 using pwnage tool and everything works great, i can make calls and everything, however my EDGE doesnt work now. the setting i used last time which worked was wap.voicestream.com and this time it doesnt.

any suggestions? tried restarting and that didnt help.

let me know if you know a fix for this. i did not install installer and cydia.

thanks!

2. Ipaqman thread starter macrumors 6502

3. Ipaqman thread starter macrumors 6502

has the setting voicestream.com changed for 2.2?

4. docprego macrumors 65816

Working fine for me but I am using a 2G.

5. Ipaqman thread starter macrumors 6502

6. Phat Ham macrumors member

Try setting the APN to epc.tmobile.com

This is what I'm using on my 2g 2.1. You do not need the tzones hack for this APN.

7. djkirsten macrumors regular

did this fix it for you OP? i have a friend with a hacked 2g iphone on tmobile and his edge has worked once in the past 3 hours

8. djkirsten macrumors regular

this ended up helping:

Loss of EDGE service on T-Mobile. You receive the message: "Could not activate cellular data network: you are not subscribed to a cellular data service." Press Settings, General, Reset, Reset Network Settings. Service should now be restored.

then we put in "epc.tmobile.com" and it worked

9. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Yeah, T-mobile is rolling out a new APN (epc.tmobile.com)

Web2Go (the replacement for T-zones) will be limited by bandwidth instead of ports in the future. If you go over the set amount of 100MB you'll be upgraded to the $25 or $35 plans (depending on if you're on the $10 or $15 W2G plan)

I believe T-zones users will be grandfathered in at $5.99 (or $2.99 for the old, old tz plan) and unlimited, but we won't know. If someone is on the T-zones still and using epc.tmobile.com, once you go over 100mb could you tell us if you get a txt from T-mo telling us that you've gone over your quota? I'm pretty sure everyone will be grandfathered in but I'm 100% certain.

10. sotied macrumors regular

I call you a HERO!!!

Thanks. I was panicked that my JB and UL phone with prepaid data was done. It's back and happy after just that simple reset.

THANKS THANKS THANKS.

** The error message is Not Subscribed to Cellular Network so I'm putting it here for others to find when they search.**

Jeff

11. giyad macrumors regular

THANKS, it worked for me too! All I did was input epc.tmobile.com in the network settings.

Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network > APN = epc.tmobile.com

didn't need to reset anything

12. wsalas4 macrumors newbie

no edge or APN after restoring helpp!!!!

can somebody please help me..my iphone was working perfectly but now the APN is not there and when i restore the network still it doesnt work..now i only have my data roaming option, VPN and wi-fi option but the edge is not there...What do i do please i restored already and turn it off and on and restart it but nothing :(

13. Falcone macrumors newbie

Ipaqman i dont think enybody aswered your question (does EDGE work on firmware 2.2 on 3g iphone) had you had ady luck?

14. DrkShadowSonic macrumors newbie

help

So I tried the "epc.tmobile.com" and it doesn't work. Tried resetting it too.
    I called and had T-mobile set up the 34.99 unlimited text and internet over 5hrs ago.

Yet what's weird is when I get on safari it brings me to a tmobile website saying I don't have the webtogo thing and i need to sign up for the 34.99
    ..yet i did already lol.

See the phone I had before this iphone was the gravity. So I dunno.
    If you guys suggest I call tmobile, I have no idea what to say.

So any suggestions?

HUGE EDIT!!
    the wap works for me when i put it in, but UBER slow
    before i had them set up the unlimited i had the 100MB plan

yeah i can't have it running this slow

so i just tried the internet2 and that works, but slow. (internet3 doesn't though)
    um. so is epc suppose to be fast?
    and if so, i still need help connecting to it lol

15. imcan macrumors newbie

Loss of EDGE service on T-Mobile. You receive the message: "Could not activate cel...

I'm having this same problem, my EDGE was working fine with t-mobile 19.99 plan and all the sudden one day- I started receiving this message- "Could not activate cellular data network: you are not subscribed to a cellular data service."!!!!!!
    SO, I'm thinking maybe I went over my 100mb???
    I have my apn set to epc.tmobile.com and still nothing but that annoying message! arg.

oh and I just upgraded to the unlimited 34.99 plan and still same issue even after following instructions for resetting network settings.

someone, please advise.

16. ennui84 macrumors newbie

ennui84