iPhone 3G: To Be Or Not To Be?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ThE.MeSsEnGeR, Jan 26, 2009.

1. ThE.MeSsEnGeR macrumors 6502a

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

Dear All at MacRumors: Forums,

I'm kinda new to these forums, and this would be my first post/thread here.
    As you can tell from my signature, I used to own an iPod Touch, and I used it always for everything! Music, Movies, Photos, Apps, Contacts, Mail! Every single thing that it had... I used it! and I got really attached to it.... until last week, when it got stolen from me!! It has been with me since it was released (back in September 2007)! Thank God I had all the information backed up on my MacBook! but ironically, I removed the password from my iPod just a couple nights before it got stolen!

First, I have a quick question: Is there anyway that I can track it? or can I remotely wipe it, or just let Apple track the Serial Number and block it? (I registered it with the Serial Number when I got it)...

And Secondly, the reason why I posted this thread is for a major issue I'm dealing with: Should I get an iPhone 3G now, or just wait for the next iPhone?? Because I'm in need of a new mobile. And,of course, I need all my Music/Videos/Pics/Apps with me when I get out of the house!

P.S. My budget is not that great, but not that low, so I can afford an iPhone, but I don't think I can afford to buy a second one in June/July if I get one now...

So, Is It Worth The Wait??

2. tnisatard macrumors 6502

what you can do now is buy the 3g now, and sell that in the future to get the new iphone

my friend had the 2g iphone, he sold that on the day he heard of the iphone 3g releasing, he got paid 400+ for the old iphone and bought the 3g at the subsidized price. So he made like 200 off of it.