iPhone 3G... totally stumped....

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mr.L, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Mr.L macrumors newbie

So today i bought an iphone 3G for super cheap. The guy said it had turned on earlier but at the time it would give a white screen and flash if you pushed the lock button or pressed on the screen.

I took it home and put it in recovery mode and then my computer recognized it but then i tried to restore it and it game me the error 23 (The iPhone could not be restored unknown error)

I tried DFU mode..... same thing.

The iPhone wont turn on normally but it will go into DFU and recovery mode and show the apple logo and the connect to itunes picture but it appears as if the backlight is broken because it is very dim.

So i am just wondering what needs to be done to repair it. Is it a LCD issue or a battery problem?

All help is appreciated,
    Thanks.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Error 23 means a hardware failure. Basically the WiFi, bluetooth, 3G and edge radios have failed. Get your money back or sell it for parts.

3. Mr.L thread starter macrumors newbie

Well when i bought it i paid for it like it was parts (looks brand new except for the not turning on part) so i will just use it for parts.

4. neonbobo macrumors newbie

well if you dont wanna use it for parts and wanna try something i had this problem. the lcd i had everytime you touched the power or home button it would go white. lcd fixed that. i also had a phone that would get recognized and go into dfu mode and that was it took it apart to find the battery was boned......that could be another option......if you wanna try it.

5. Mr.L thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I thought of that and have ordered a new battery if it works I'll let you know.