Iphone 3g turns powers down & wont turn back on unless i....

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by skratch1t, Jul 31, 2008.

1. skratch1t macrumors newbie

For the past 2 consecutive nights my iphone 3g powers down and i try to turn it back on, but it does not power back on. When i plug it back on to my computer its powers up again. I know its not the battery because i charge it normally. Anyone else having this problem?

2. risix macrumors newbie

Hmmmm, I thought about this question, So let me ask a few questions if you dont mind, Do you have a case for your phone?, If so, have you tried removing the full case and then trying to see if your phone stays on?, The iphone has some type of motion where if you put the phone close to your face or if it feels something is close, it turns of the display but keeps the phone on, so when your talking on it for example, it will just turn black to save battery, but when you pull away from your face, it shows the background and screen. IF you have a case, please remove it to make sure no buttons are holding it down for this simple test, another thing is do you have some type of screen cover, do you know if its fully on?, if not evenly flat against the phone, I did have trouble where my phone kept blanking out and I realized the small film that came with the my phone when it was shipped, once removed, it worked fine. Try these things for me, let me know ur findings.