iPhone 3G UK O2 Simplicity > iPhone 4G P&G available at Apple at launch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by netdog, Jun 21, 2010.

1. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

I have a 3G under the iPhone Simplicity contract with O2.

The 4G prices and availability at apple.com/uk are confusing. Surely the £419 price is pay as you go, yes? Curiously, O2 says that the P&G model won't be available at launch. Does anybody know the specifics of what Apple is offering at £419?

Also, I'll be moving out of country sometime between October and January and hence don't want to commit to a contract but rather transfer my simplicity plan to a 4G. Anyone know if I will be able to do that? Anyone know if I will be able to get it unlocked by O2? I really don't want to get into a non-approved unlocking scenario.

2. Lauting macrumors member

Just buy the phone from the apple store unlocked and sim free for £499 (16GB) or £599 (32GB).

If your on an iPhone simplicity tariff then you can use this with any iPhone there aren't specific tariffs for the iPhone/iPhone 3g/iPhone 3gs/iPhone 4.

3. The-Barron macrumors member

The-Barron

The £419 price is forthe sim free 8gb 3GS. No payg prices released for o2 as they haven't said when they are releasing the iPhone 4 payg

4. bodhi77 macrumors regular

£419 is for the 3Gs, not the iPhone 4

5. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

The iPhones sold in the Apple Store are not PAYG but are unlocked and sim free so are ok to use with your Simplicity contract (with the new smaller sim).

O2 are only selling the iPhone 4 on contact and to existing customers only. PAYG will not be available at launch.