iPhone 3G unlock!? HELP

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by pingpong1, Aug 16, 2011.

1. pingpong1 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    So I got iPhone 3g on version 2.2 locked on T-Mobile. I've made a custom ipsw 4.2.1 with pawnage tool and restored iPhone.
    Then I wanted to unlock it BUT I have baseband 2.28.00 that can't be unlocked (I think) on 4.2.1 so I want to downgrade iPhone to 4.0 and then again restore it with custom ipsw on 4.2.1.
    Now my iPhone is in DFU mode and it can't be downgraded to 4.0, WTF? I am getting errors like:

The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build.
    and
    [​IMG]Click for large view - Uploaded with Skitch

What should I do??? Please HELP ME!

2. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Itunes only allow you to restore the version that apple is presently signing for your phone. You are attempting to go back to a previous version. To do so you would need shsh Blobs.

If you have Blobs you can go back to 4. Otherwise go to 4.1 which apple is still signing for some reason.

I suspect you are trying to go to 4 to get the 4 baseband. You should be able to unlock your existing baseband.

If you are having a problem with the existing baseband you should be able to restore to 3.1.3 with the 3g and get the 3.1.3 baseband. Then upgrade with pwnage tool.

3. pingpong1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah on other forum the said that I should go back to the 3.0 so here I am. Now I am trying to go from original 3.0 in DFU mode to the custom 4.2.1 but I am getting error 1600.
    What should I do now? What about if I go to 3.1.3 cause it works better on iPhone 3g??
    Thanks for answering on my silly questions..

Tim

4. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Error 1600 is caused by not putting the phone in pwned DFU. You have to use pwnage tool and follow the count down to put the phone in dfu then close pwnage and open itunes.

5. pingpong1 thread starter macrumors newbie

So it won't hurt iPhone if it is in DFU mode (not by pwnagetool) and then I put it again in DFU with pawnage tool?
    cause now iTunes can't detect my iPhone. Am i screwed??
    EDIT: even the pwnagetool can't detect it! HELP PLEASE!

6. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Plug the phone into the PC and hold down the power button until it exists DFU. Then start again with pwnage tool and use it to put the phone in DFU.

7. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Download a 3.1.3 ipsw and upgrade to that. 4.2.1 is way to slow for a 3G. You'll be more happy using it on 3.1.3

8. pingpong1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Guys you rock :D
    iPhone is now working perfectly on 3.1.3 :D
    THANKYOU :D

9. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

No problem:apple: