Iphone 3G Unlocked on Italy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by preguntonontrac, Jul 9, 2008.

1. preguntonontrac macrumors 6502

I always check the latest news on here and info...

I was wondering how people will be able to use the new 3G iphone with the new system to buy from a store so i hit ebay just now to see these wanna be sellers offering pre order for the new 3G Iphone and i bumped with this seller, here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-iPhone-3G...oryZ3312QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

He claims that in italy they will be unlocked phone and it has a new security chip.

So here is the question:

Based on what i know people will be able to get it thru activation in store and locked has always, so what is fact in that seller claims and what are lies?

What is fact about this security chip?

Also how these pre order or presales on ebay will be deal? how these seller will manage to get them out in a box? what they will do any hint?

Please answer in detail and with any additional info that you might know.

Thanks in advance!:)

2. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

---

Somehow the link was removed from ebay this is what the seller page said:

Item Specifics - Cell Phones & Smartphones
    Carrier:
    --
    Technology:
    CDMA, GSM

Contract:
    Without Contract
    Camera:
    1-2 Megapixels

Brand:
    Apple iPhone
    Features:
    Unlocked, Bluetooth Enabled, Calendar, Color Screen, Email Access, GPS, Internet Browser, MP3 Player, PDA-PC Sync, Polyphonic Ringtones, SMS-Text Messaging, Speakerphone, Touch Screen, USB Interface, Warranty

Model:
    --
    Condition:
    New, Never Opened

Type:
    Smartphone (PDA Phone)

Apple iPhone 3G

8GB

Legally UNLOCKED

with GPS

and Firmware 2.0

ALL LANGUAGES OUT OF THE BOX

The iPhone 3G will be bought on Friday in Italy (here all the iPhones will be sold unlocked) and will ship as soon as the payment has been received.

You will not find an unlocked iPhone in the States, because AT&T will sell it locked and the hackers will not be able to unlock it this time (the iPhone 3G has an advanced security chip which will prevent hackers to unlock the phone).

This item is BRAND NEW and ORIGINAL. It's not a fake!

The iPhone 3G has the new 2.0 firmware, with a lot of new features, including the App Store!

Check apple.com/iphone for more details.

I will ship with Poste Italiane's Paccocelere Internazionale (65$, 2-5 days) or Raccomandata Internazionale (20$, 1-2 weeks).

If you need insurance you would want to add 10$.

I can use DHL, UPS or whatever you want, but I do not know the prices right now (I can check if you ask me).

Feel free to contact me on skype: francescotosato

I WILL SHIP ONLY TO PAYPAL CONFIRMED ADDRESSES (NO EXCEPTIONS)!