iPhone 3G usage screen problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Enhanced, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Enhanced macrumors newbie

Hi, I very recently got the iPhone 3G and the very first thing I did was jailbreak it. I am a first time iPhone user but I consider myself pretty tech savy so the jailbreaking process was no problem. Everything was fine until I looked at my usage screen (settings -> general -> usage) and nothing shows up beside "Usage" and "Standby." All I see there is a - (dash). I'll attach a screenshot.

They were working before the jailbreak for sure so I'm thinking maybe I installed something wrong as I have installed a couple of things after JBing (Winterboard, iLog, Customize, BossPrefs, Installer, Kate and a couple off of the official apps store.)

Anybody come across this before or know what to do for it to be functional again? Maybe I just pushed a wrong button? I've searched the forum but haven't found anything.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Quincy9219 macrumors regular

It's part of the 2.1 firmware. Non-jailbroken iPhones (namely mine) have this screen too

3. Enhanced thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm interesting. Well when I updated to 2.1 before the jailbreak, the screen was fully functional. Also, there are people posting up their 2.1 battery life screenshots in these forums so they obviously have it functioning too. Must be something else. :(

EDIT: Well looking at my phone a few minutes ago, the problem seems to have been fixed. I left my iPhone in computer charger for a bit while at full battery life and I guess thats what fixed it.

4. Quincy9219 macrumors regular

Yeah, it's just a weird peculiarity in 2.1. It only shows battery usage for the last time interval before it received a full charge. Once it is charged fully, it shows the power usage

5. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

Mines been like that since I got it on 2.0. If you take it off charging before it is fully charged that's the screen I get.

6. Enhanced thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I spoke too soon. Seems like after the screen was corrected, somewhere down the line when I was using the phone, the screen came back again. Normally I wouldn't care that much but because my phone is new, I'd like to see if I got a good/bad battery. =\

Yeah it was fine after being fully charged but then came back again as I was using it. At least it isn't a jailbreaking problem.

7. allurbase macrumors member

Usage times disappear when your springboard is restarted, which a lot of JB apps do to load new settings. Hard resetting (holding home+lock) also restarts the springboard and causes this.

8. Quincy9219 macrumors regular

Don't worry about the battery, there is nothing wrong with it, unless you are noticing battery life significantly below Apple's estimated times.