iPhone 3G + Vauxhall Astra

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by phannon666, Jun 22, 2009.

1. phannon666 macrumors regular

Hi guys, I just last week got my new Astra (which I'm very cuffed with so far) but that's not the point.

Down by the handbrake there's a 3.5mm jack connector. I attempted to connect my 3G to my stereo through this, selected the AUX option on my stereo and unfortunately no luck. Using this :

Linky

Should that work or is something like this required? i.e. Dock to 3.5mm:

Linky 2

If it's any help, the system is known as CD30, Vauxhall's factory standard unit, and apparently manufactured by Blaupunkt.

Not interested in an FM solution, I'd rather stick to CDs if I can't get this working.

Cheers guys for any help you can provide.

2. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

Option one should work, I would think. Maybe check the manual for some doohicky you need to flip?

3. alFR macrumors 68020

It works fine in my wife's Corsa. If you haven't already, try turning the volume up, either on the phone itself, in the aux settings on the stereo (there's an option to adjust the volume of the aux jack to match the radio etc.) or with the main stereo volume control.

4. phannon666 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the replies.

Option one I've so far had no luck with, but the BID system is a bit fiddly in it's options. Tried turning up the volume via steering wheel, and all that happens is I gradually hear a clicking noise. I've read somewhere else however that in the BC there's an option specifically for AUX volume...

Read the 200-odd page manual cover to cover and no joy so far, but I'll keep playing with it. Just out of interest alFR, does your wife's Corsa have the TID, BID or GID? If it's the BID I may have to ask for help for various options if there are AUX specific ones :)

Also of note, when I change it to AUX, there's still a smaller label saying CD, I wonder if that's saying there's just a CD in the slot?

Cheers

5. Tivnan macrumors newbie