iPhone 3G Voicemail Not Working ::UPDATE::

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by IndianaiPhone, Jul 20, 2008.

1. IndianaiPhone macrumors regular

When I switched from my original iPhone to my iPhone 3G none of the voicemail data was switched over, including the voicemail settings. I found this out when I was messing around and I called my phone to hear this message "I'm sorry, but the person you are calling has a voice mailbox that has not been setup yet. Goodbye." So, I go and try to click on the voicemail icon on my iPhone 3G to try to setup my Voice Mailbox but it is unresponsive. So I try calling my Voice Mailbox and I get an error message on my iPhone 3G screen that reads "Error performing request Unknown Error" (see picture). Is this happening to anyone else or am I the unlucky chosen one?

::UPDATE:: Now I'm getting a new message. See below.

Attached Files:

2. al256 macrumors 6502a

al256

Yeah AT&T pulled the same sh*t with me... basically you have to call 1 800 331 0500 (preferably from another phone than your iPhone) and have them fix it by deleting your visual voicemail then add it back on.

-Yay my 256th post.

3. matthiasgoodman macrumors member

matthiasgoodman

I had this problem and fixed it by calling 611 and having going through the automated prompts to reset the VM password. I think it is a problem with the firmware assuming that the VM password should be the default if there is no other visual VM data left.