iPhone 3G vs Curve 8900 + iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MrGadget28, Mar 21, 2009.

1. MrGadget28 macrumors regular

I have an iPhone 3G. My friend has a Curve 8900 and an iPod Touch.

He's always bragging about how he has two devices, that if the battery dies on one, he has another.

I say that it's more convenient to carry one device rather than two.

He disagrees and says the iPhone's battery sucks.

It may be biased saying this here, but what's better to have. He only pays $50 a month for voice/unlimited texting plans. I pay $80 a month for voice/data with 200 texts (AT&T are f****** rip-offs!)

What do you think is better?

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

I prefer to carry one device only, based on this the iPhone is my choice.
    Nothing is perfect.
    But with the next OS update and probably with the next hardware model the iPhone will beat anything over there.
    More battery, more memory, more features are always welcome.

3. iPhAddict macrumors newbie

iPhAddict

I prefer to use iPhone, it has everything on it.
    However, your friend has a point though.
    It could be sometimes useful to bring two devices,
    especially on battery problems.

4. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

My friend carries round an iPod Touch, a Palm (not sure which one, newish though) and a normal 'dumb' phone :eek:

I prefer just taking my iPhone. It's my iPod, mobile phone, email, and internet access on the go all in one.

5. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

i'll be getting an LG Dare today (unless i change my mind on the spot at the Verizon store), and i already have a 32GB Touch (1st gen) and while carrying two devices is a little annoying, i think it is totally worth it. mainly because of the battery issue.

EDIT: oh and if you'll be saving $30 a month using a Curve over an iPhone, take into account if you could use that extra money elsewhere.

6. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

The iPhone is great because it's my everything devise. Have your friend try and download a full webpage on the go, OH WAIT! He can't. If he were to go and buy that unlimited data for his BB, he will see his bill go up to at least the level of AT&T's. He has no advantage, and in fact a disadvantage with the setup he uses. This is a classic case of jealousy. ;):p

7. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

I am a one device sort of guy so the iPhone only for me.

But honestly, the only thing that matters to me is if the phone's battery dies. If i had a touch and a BB I would feel the same way, the BB needs to still have juice. I can live without music for a few hours and I guarantee you that he does not listen to all his music on his touch each time he leaves the house so a smart list on an iPhone gives most the best of both worlds.

Some people are just gadget freaks. That like to carry a lot of stuff around.

I like to travel lite and with all the apps on the iphone and its capabilities, a mobile user has never been more powerful IMO.

8. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

just the iphone 3G is way better. I have to carry a bb for work and i have my personal iphone, but I wish I could consolidate.