Iphone 3G vs Ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tushar1386, Jul 13, 2008.

1. tushar1386 macrumors newbie

Well...im coming to us this fall to uni...now my dilema is that ill be buying a mac book so will be anyways getting an i touch free with it...but what i rely want is an iphne 3g in which case ill sell my free itouch
    ...ive heard the uni wifi wont work on the i touch or iphone so hence unless i have the iphone with 3G i wont have internet while in campus...however with the iphone again comes the expense...so i would like to now what are the basic differences bw both of them...like what extra features does the iphone have or whether with the 2.0 update for the itouch does it also become same as the iphone without 3g...any comments will be helpful thx

2. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

I have an iTouch, and hopefully I'll be getting a iPhone soon. But the big difference between the iTouch and iPhone, is of course one is a cell phone, and also has internet accesses anywhere you go that has a signal. If you can afford the $70 a month go for the iPhone. Also remember that you'll have to pass AT&T's credit check and if you don't you'll have to fork over a $100-$800 deposit that you get back after a year of paying you bill's on time.

Don

3. tushar1386 thread starter macrumors newbie

thx dmac77....so basically besides the phone,camera and always on internet...they both are the same rite?

4. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

The Touch doesn't have a speaker or GPS either. Other than that, the same device.