iPhone 3G vs. New iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by .michael, May 26, 2009.

1. .michael macrumors regular

Okay, so here's the deal. My contract with Verizon ends on May 31st. I hear there may be a new iPhone coming out sometime this summer. Should I wait? Or should I just get the 3G?

2. randomusername macrumors 6502

If you have the patience to wait until the 3rd generation iPhone to be released (probably in mid/early July) then it'd be best to wait. If you can't wait and don't care about the features that are possibly coming (updated RAM and CPU, battery, matte back casing, OLED screen [probably not], and 3.2 megapixel auto-focus camera with video recording) then do what you want. But I would wait for the new iPhone instead of buying the new iPhone now.

3. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

4. Onetwo18 macrumors newbie

only you can decide.

5. retroneo macrumors 6502a

I would wait until June 8 and see what they've got to say about the new iPhone... It's only 8 days to wait...

6. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I would wait. The timing works out pretty perfect, as you would only have to stay with Verizon for an additional month or two.

7. nfl46 macrumors 603

Oh gosh, another one of these topics, lol. They may as well make a sub-forum for stuff like this.

8. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

SMH! Why can't the mods implement a new rule? You can't make a thread if this is your first month on Macrumors!!! :mad:

This is becoming ridiculous :rolleyes:

Edit* - Well this does not seem like the case. . . He's been a member for quite some time now. YOU should know the search feature by now buddy.

9. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

You know, 90% of the people that register to a forum sign up just to ask a question, which means posting a new thread.

10. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

Google is the world's best friend. . . Just type in your question, you find your answer and you won't have to register to a forum. Lol

11. geekmommy4 macrumors 6502

geekmommy4

I'd wait! I know that it's tough to wait when you are ready to make a change, but it's always nice to have the newest features when it's just a month or two away. Good luck!

12. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

I wouldn't wait if I were you. Go for the iPhone Nano. It costs less and has a bunch of cool features like video chat and landscape MMS. Plus, it fits in the palm of a baby's hand.

13. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

I totally wouldn't wait, in fact I'd go buy a Palm Pre or a BB Storm if I were you!

14. brax.j macrumors regular

If you look at the OP's profile you would have noticed he joined in November of 2007 which is before you joined.

@OP use MRoogle it is fantastic.

15. nfl46 macrumors 603

That may be true, but do you see me posting topics about whether or not I should keep my iPhone or wait for the new one? No, you don't.

:rolleyes:

16. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

17. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I'd wait.
    You can hold off for another month instead of regretting and having to wait another 18 months for a subsidized iPhone.

18. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

I would like to introduce you to my friend Math... He's a great guy and I think you could learn a lot from him.

19. ThE.MeSsEnGeR macrumors 6502a

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

if you're implementing that he should write 12 days instead of 8?? well, he meant that the OP should wait 8 days AFTER his contract finishes (May 31st).... ;)

20. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

They already have a site for stuff like this. It's called 'AT&T customer service'. :p

21. dagomike macrumors 65816

I think it's funny people HAVE to buy a new phone as soon as their contract is up.

22. EX1127 macrumors 6502

EX1127

;) Thats what im doing haha but then again i do have the great great grandfather of all blackberry's that exist in the market now. Its so old it has the side scroll function instead of the little ball to navigate with.

23. vivithemage macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

I know, I have been out of contract with tmobile for over 3 years...have had great service, and the plan is CHEAP. Works great on my 3g iphone, just wish their 3g network worked on the iphone, no big deal though.

24. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Here's the deal:
    Wait.

Worst case senario: No new iPhone at WWDC.
    You still have the money
    You get a 3g

Best Case senario: YAY! New iPhone at WWDC! You saved your money, didn't buy a 3g, and everyone is happy because these ***** threads dont exist anymore.

Worst Best Case Senario: You were unintelligent, didn't wait, bought an iPhone 3g, the new one came out, I rub it in your face that my iPhone is better because I waited. I'm happy, youre sad.

BEST BEST CASE SENARIO: The new iPhone will make toast and fold my laundry. Oh, and I have 2 unicorns, I breed them, and sell them for BILLIONS! Also, threads like these dont exist anymore.

25. EX1127 macrumors 6502

EX1127

Question want these threads start again next year right before the next WWDC and then the year after that and so on?