Iphone 3g vs "The other"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jdrm, Aug 3, 2008.

1. jdrm macrumors newbie

Considering that there is no 3g network coverage in my area...is it worth to get an Iphone 3g...or just stay with my older Iphone?

2. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I'd most certainly stay with the first iPhone. You'd be paying $10 more per month for the same service.

4. sellitman macrumors regular

sellitman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I have 3g service and I am keeping my 1st Gen iPhone. The GPS has no voice turn by turn, the new software is buggy,the new cheap feeling plastic back cracks , and it actually is $180 dollars more a year if you get 200 texts/ a month. That's an extra $360 dollars for what? A little more speed occasionally ?

5. markgamber macrumors 6502

Yeah, seriously, don't bother until fall at the earliest. It's buggy, 3G is spotty and semi-fast at best, only one barely useful app uses GPS....save your money. Look again after the alleged September update.

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

The iPhone will not be updated in September. The notebooks might, but not the iPhone.

7. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

If you want a space upgrade, ask yourself if it is worth it. I am sure most won't find it so if their home area has no 3G but some may desperately want the extra 8 gigs and better volume