Iphone 3G Water Damaged Please Advise Me

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MAJE5T1C, Nov 17, 2009.

1. MAJE5T1C macrumors newbie

Hi i bought a iphone 3g dead i disasembeled it and found water damage io and around the LTC4088-2 battery charger/USB controller chip

I have used the ultrasonic bath and scrubed the board up like new reasembled the iphone but its still dead nothing when the charger is pluged and nothing through the battrey as it also dea reading 0.01v

So not charging or powering through USB i also seen spilage has run down to the USB conetor as is sticky

Is there anything else i can try thank you

2. MAJE5T1C thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok im getting there i put a bit of charge in the battery with my lipo heli model charger put it back together and now theres life woohoo lol

But i have the red battery lite up now with the lightninig bolt and a very small amount of charge just passing time now to see if the battery comes of the bottom and swiches on I HOPE SO :)

Another update

I feel like im talking to myself here but

I have put more charge in the battery now and it booted up to password screen then went dead to it looks like the battery is duff i have one on order see how it go's