iPhone 3g: Which stock headunits will it work with?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wingnut330, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Wingnut330 macrumors 6502a

Hello all,

I'm in the market for a new/used car but I want one that will work with my iPhone. I have read folks talking about having pairing issues with bluetooth, so I'm curious what you folks have found that worked from with factory units.

Thanks!

2. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

You are going to choose which car you will buy based on whether the bluetooth works with your iphone?

wow.

3. Wingnut330 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Absolutely! Ha! Seriously though, within reason. I spend a lot of time in my car and I won't buy a car that doesn't have bluetooth. I'm likely going to end up with an impoted sedan - Inifiniti, Lexus, BMW, Merc etc - so I'm curious which cars they work with. I'll be getting one that is a few years old.

4. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

Good luck with that.

new BMW's are not working with 2.1, so you can eliminate the older ones too.

5. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I've heard that Chrysler UConnect is working with 2.1, if you're looking to buy domestic. Maybe Mercedes uses it as well?

EDIT: Mercedes has iPhone Integration.

6. nparmelee macrumors 6502

Two iPhones with 2.1 and both work with our BMW 5 series and Lexus RX. If you go to the dealership, if they say no problem, make them prove it, connect to the car. Narrow down which models, most of the car models have user forums and then ask on those forums as well.