iPhone 3G white screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by silentsal, Oct 4, 2009.

1. silentsal macrumors member

Hi, I know there are a lot of forums about this but none of them have helped me.

I had a water damaged iPhone but it still worked, only the screen was messed up. I ordered a new screen and put it in. Everything works fine except it has the white screen of death.

I've restored it and held the power and home buttons several times. Is there anything else I can do? Any other tricks?

2. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

I have fixed a few iphones and my experience is that if the LCD connector isn't properly seated, then you get a white screen. I would take apart and re-seat carefully.

Cheers

Spencer

3. silentsal thread starter macrumors member

I hope you don't think I'm an idiot but...which one is the LCD connector? lol

4. hellomacguy macrumors newbie

it's the one conected to the screen when you open the phone it will be pretty clear witch one it is

5. silentsal thread starter macrumors member

Ok, that's what I thought but you never know...I'll try it and I hope it works, although I thought I had it connected properly.

6. silentsal thread starter macrumors member

Well I did that twice and tried restoring it again but nothing happened.

The odd thing is, the screen changes brightness and everything, only it's always pure white...it's really annoying.

7. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

Make sure that connector is clicked into place. Also, you might try holding the connector with your finger whilst powering on - the connectors do get a little loose over time. It's labelled connector 1

8. silentsal thread starter macrumors member

oh 1? I thought it was labeled 3...Does all of the gold have to be put into that white slot?

9. silentsal thread starter macrumors member

Forget that last post, I read the thing wrong and I did that and now I can't even get the white screen...that's great lol