Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tgcomp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
My iPhone 3G recognizes but will not connect to a Wi-fi network. I tried to use a Netgear Rangemax router and an Apple Airport Extreme router. Both work fine with my original iPhone. I have tried to switch off and switch on my iPhone 3G several times. It recognizes the existence of the network but refuses to connect to it. Can someone help me with this issue? Thanks in advance for your help.

thrust

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2008
do you have any security on the router?

if not reset your router from the back using a paper clip and set it back up try that, if that not work try restoring your iphone 4, if that not work then you have a bad iphone 4 and can get it replaced at the apple store.

tgcomp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
I do have security on both the routers. I also have an iPhone 3G purchased two years ago. I do not own an iPhone 4 yet. Thanks, though.

alecgold

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2007
NLD
I had the same with my 3G
So I upgraded to ios4 and it worked. Well, just the wifi worked, everything else slowed down.
So I downgraded to 3.1.3 and wifi still works!!!
Odd, but true!

Though I wouldn't recommend this way as it is a bit time-consuming. Updating costed around three hours, downgrading around an hour.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.