iPhone 3G Wi-fi

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by js81, Oct 4, 2010.

1. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

OK, so my brother-in-law has given me his old 3G. Problem is the wifi doesn't work and I do NOT want to have a data plan (only Edge in my area). I want to jailbreak it so I can disable the data modem portion - got the jailbroken 3.1.3 installed no problem, including Cydia. Now, I need Bossprefs (or something similar) to disable the data - problem is I can't use Cydia to download anything because I have no wifi!

Any suggestions?

I tried manually installing Bossprefs by using iPhone Explorer to drop the files in place - I have an icon now, but it doesn't DO anything...

(And would purchasing a new wifi connector/antenna from eBay fix this? I'm comfortable taking it apart to do the surgery... done it before on a Touch. :))

2. js81 thread starter macrumors 65816

js81

Ok, so I did the jailbreak again, this time including BossPrefs in the package. Now I have the icon, it loads, but I don't have ANY options. Any suggestions?

Also, when I put my SIM in, I don't get any service, ever. Sounds to me like I need to JB it again... again, suggestions?