iPhone 3g: wifi and camera not working after screen replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MBM007, Jan 11, 2012.

1. MBM007 macrumors regular

Welp, I got sick of my 2 year old always demanding to play on my 4S so I dug up an old 3g of mine with a busted screen and installed a new screen....thought everything was fine until I tried connecting to my network to download some games onto it for her. Don't know what could have possibly happened as it was so easy to do and everything besides for wifi and the camera are working....the camera claims the harddrive is full and to delete some photos, but the phone has been wiped.

I've reset the settings and network settings, I'm yet to update the firmware but don't feel it could be an issue as everything worked fine before I installed the screen. I've done multiple hard resets and opened the phone back up to check that 3 connections I had to make for the stereo, lcd, and digitizer.

FYI: I bought the screen from AMazon with the digitizer, home button, frame, etc as a kit so I didn't have to dick around with the broken glass and reusing the frame....is it possible that lifting the screen up with the suction cup I somehow disconnected or broke one of the internal wires or soldering? Find it weird that both failed?? I suctioned from the bottom and with the camera up top find it really peculiar...

Thanks in advance for any help

2. MBM007 thread starter macrumors regular

I've seen this issue posted numerous times about the iPhone 4, does anyone have an idea as to what could have happened while my phone was open that I would have rendered the camera and wifi chip worthless??

Cheers

3. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Check the connection #6. That is the wifi antenna. It is a round connection on the right side of connection #5. Next to the volume control.