iPhone 3G - WiFi has worked twice in 10 months

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TexasBlake, Jun 11, 2010.

1. TexasBlake macrumors member

TexasBlake

In the fall of 2009, my iPhone 3G decided it didn't want to do WiFi anymore. Unlike many people who can't connect to WiFi, it simply can't see ANY WiFi networks.

It has been able to see WiFi TWICE since then. Once was in December, at my girlfriends apartment one night. Next day, couldn't see it.

Today (right now) is the second time the iPhone decided to see the WiFi in my house.

I have no idea what is going on. I've tried resetting it a million times, I've erased and reinstalled the OS, etc. Nothing seems to work.

This is twice now, totally out of the blue.

It's never been hacked, modded, or unlocked. It's all stock.

However, I did have some water damaged over a year ago. I dropped it in the toilet in the spring of 2009 (don't ask). However, I left it in a bowl of rice for a week and it was fine for months.

Since the water markers show no warranty. Any ideas?

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

So, did this begin after the water damage? If so, then I assume it's a result of that. End of story.

3. optophobia macrumors 6502a

optophobia

My assumption is the water damaged the Wifi.

4. TexasBlake thread starter macrumors member

TexasBlake

It worked perfectly after the water damage for over four months. TheN it started acting up. That's why it is so strange.

5. TexasBlake thread starter macrumors member

TexasBlake

The WiFi access was definitely short lived. It is now back to 3G only. It only lasted a couple of hours