Iphone 3G wifi issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by PittyPat, Mar 31, 2010.

1. PittyPat macrumors newbie

I have searched and searched (And if I have missed something I apologize I just can't seem to find a suitable solution yet) for anyway or reason why my iPhone won't connect to wifi. I have an iPhone 3G running on T-Mobile and up until about a month or two ago I was able to connect to wifi anywhere anytime without any problems or issues. Recently though, I have been trying to connect to wifi and it gives me the error message 'Unable to connect to Wifi'. Even though it sees and recognizes wifi around me and even when I put in the correct password it gives me the same issue. I've tried Resetting Network Settings and that did not work. I tried to install the Cydia "PushFix" and that did not work either. I can't seem to find any reason why it won't connect, but for some reason it won't. If anyone has any input or help I would really appreciate it. This issue is just absolutely driving me crazy. Please help, thanks guys.

2. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

What did you unlock with? I heard blacksn0w had issues with wifi, but idk what else can be done besides just a restore and reJB/UL the phone

3. PittyPat thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I unlocked with blacksn0w. I understand how to restore but won't I need a wifi access to be able to connect to the internet to get on Cydia again?

4. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Yeah, sorry. In order to get on Cydia (to get blacksn0w), you would need some sort of interweb access :( (sorry, I was thinking with an at&t mind)

5. PittyPat thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright, so just try to restore and re JailBreak and Unlock? Any more ideas would be greatly appreciated as well.

6. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Nope, sounds like you've got it. You have a 3G, so you don't have to worry about any of the annoying SHSH blob crap that 3GS people do ;) Good luck, hope it works out for you!

7. yentrog31 macrumors regular

yentrog31

if you havent already restored...try this..go to your BR app and re-install blacksn0w....or uninstall it and install it back(thats what I did and it was the only thing that worked for me-you will see that all of your wifi settings fields will now be all filled in and they will lock in).....if that doesnt work..unistall blacksn0w and the GET the blacksn0w from Cydia instead of the blackra1n one..some people get it from Rock as well and the wifi locks back on....glta