iphone 3g wifi problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ptanser, Jul 14, 2010.

1. ptanser macrumors newbie

Hi

Since upgrading my iphone to ios4 I cannot connect to any wifi networks, the phone cannot find any wifi networks and I cannot connect manually.

I restored the phone and this makes no difference
    I have reset network settings and no change
    I spoken to Apple and they say they want to charge for a repair, even though wifi was fine under 3.1.3, since upgrading it does not work.

I do have wifi & bluetooth address

Any ideas

2. atw1 macrumors newbie

iPhone 3g no WIFI after os4 update

I have the same problem! Any solutions?

3. krayziekray macrumors 6502

Can you see the networks?

I have the same problem, but I can't even see the networks. I know it most probably isn't a hardware problem as i installed WifiFoFum from Cydia and that occasionally detects only 2 of the other 10 Wifi networks around me (but not mine).

A friend of mine has also got this problem.

I have sent feedback to apple. I suggest you do the same. Report

4. ptanser thread starter macrumors newbie

I rang apple and they did not want to know they even said it was to much hassle to arrange over the phone and to go into a store.

I did go into the store and the guy there has swapped the phone so all is now working

5. krayziekray macrumors 6502

Good to see you got yours sorted.

Thing is mine is almost a year out of warranty, so I'm sure they will want to charge me.

6. ptanser thread starter macrumors newbie

mine was out of warrenty and they wanted to charge me, but I stated it was OK before the update so therefore Apple's responsibilty and the guy said he would extend my warranty and exchange it foc