iPhone 3G will not find 3g or edge anymore - HELP!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by shvartsies, Jan 31, 2009.

1. shvartsies macrumors regular

All of a sudden, for a reason I can't pinpoint, my jailbroken 2.2 16gb iphone has stopped picking up 3G and edge. I still get full service for calling and texting and stuff, and I can still connect to wi-fi!

Any help please!?

I understand I should do a restore, but I have put a lot of effort into downloading jailbroken stuff and organizing categories and setting up my phone, im dreading doing it all again.

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Doesn't sound like you have much of a choice....

3. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Don't bump. It's against forum rules:
    Also, I was thinking about this a few days ago. If you used OpenSSH to download all the files you've downloaded from Cydia to your computer, after the restore, wouldn't you be able to put them back in the correct place. Theoretically I think it would work but you would have to be very careful to put the files back into the correct place. I haven't read anything about this so I don't know if people just didn't think of it or it's impossible. If this theory is proven wrong then you don't have much of a choice to restore and see if that fixes the problem.

David

4. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

To be honest it sounds like a network issue. Have you called your operator?

5. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Call your operator unless it is unlocked. If you call T-Mobile and ask them why your iPhone isn't receiving signal, they will tell you that they don't support the iPhone and they can't help you.

David

6. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

All you have to say is "My phone can no longer go online. Data connections have dissappeared. Can you fix it?"

No need to mention iPhones :)

7. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Ok! I don't have an unlocked iPhone so I haven't called T-Mobile about my iPhone and wouldn't know how to speak on a call with them about an iPhone.

David