iPhone 3G Windows Pwnage

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by SimplyBlue, Jul 20, 2008.

1. SimplyBlue macrumors member

http://sleepers.net/news/2008/07/20/iphone-3g-windows-pwnage/

2. dlamin517 macrumors 6502

3. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

Since the thread is titled "iPhone 3G Windows Pwnage", I'd say yes.

4. dlamin517 macrumors 6502

lol sorry about that didnt see it said 3g. im on my iphone right now

5. dancavallaro macrumors regular

Successfully jailbroke my iPhone 3G on Windows!

6. ryanmanu macrumors regular

i would try this but the torrent file provided is 300MB or so big and no seeds!

7. ryanmanu macrumors regular

8. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

Glad you all got it working. I have the files downloaded and I'll be doing it first thing when I get home from work.

9. VenomousSVT macrumors 6502

dont you have to have a pre pwned phone for this to work? Has anyone tried running this on their first gen iphone yet?

10. xxchefxx macrumors member

just wondering if anyone that has used this method has had any problem after doing so before I give it ago later on tonight. also am I right in thinking that if I don't like it or its got bugs I can just download and install apples original firmware and re-install that ?

11. ryanmanu macrumors regular

this wont work with a 2G iphone but u can go to that website and there is a link for 2G iphones

12. VenomousSVT macrumors 6502

thanks

13. pyrodex macrumors 6502

pyrodex

Tried this last night, got my phone in DFU mode and then attempted to upload the code and got a 1006 then a 1005 error after it failed.

14. VenomousSVT macrumors 6502

loading up a mac machine tonight, if everything goes well i will just do the mac pwnage tool.

15. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

So I tried doing this tonight, and my phone is royally screwed. The install went fine and it worked great up until the point I tried to do a backup. The phone disconnected from itunes about half way through the backup. After that, I tried doing a sync, and it would sync contacts, calendars, and a few apps, then it would disconnect from itunes. I'd try syncing again, and same thing, it would disconnect while syncing apps. I even did a restore to the non-pwnage firmware, and I still get the same problem. Now I'm doing yet another fresh legit restore and am going to set it up as a new phone instead of backing it up.

16. xxchefxx macrumors member

worked fine for me small problem when updating cydia but other than that working great just have to sit and wait for the apps to come along but so far very happy seeing as the phone has been out less than 2 weeks :D

17. VenomousSVT macrumors 6502

i had trouble reading what you posted at first... by backing up i think you meant restoring from the backup. You should have backed up before you tried to load the new firmware. After it loads, you restore from your phone's backup.

18. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I synced my phone just before doing all this so I would have a fresh backup, but after I installed the pwnage firmware, I tried to restore from the backup and it failed mid-restore. I think I should have just set it up as a new phone. That's what I did when I put the non-pwnage firmware back on, and it's working fine. I just lost all my camera roll pics. Anyone know a way I could retrieve those from an iTunes backup file?

19. ryanmanu macrumors regular

u can set it up as a new phone and then while its plugged in u can right click it and then press the restore button, hope it helped :)

20. Umar23 macrumors newbie

Wifi Problem

Everything seems to work , using iphone 3g but my wifi isnt working, before it found it no problem and my laptop finds it, so something dodgy there, any advice, if problem continues i will try restore and follow process again.