Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RogersDA

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
On an iPhone 3G I installed Winterboard. I have a few themes, but none are in use right now.

I have an image on my phone that I want to use for the lockscreen and the background wallpaper. I selected the wallpaper in the Settings. I set User Wallpaper and User Lock Background to be selected. The wallpaper shows for the lockscreen, but not for the springboard.

I also noticed that the above settings do not override any wallpaper/lockscreen images that might be applied using a theme.

Am I missing something?

How do I set a lockscreen image separate from the wallpaper image (without using a theme)?

Other Winterboard options do not seem to work, either. For example I have No Docked Icon Labels selected, but the dock still shows them.

crawfish963

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
Texas
Are you on firmware 4.x? There is a known issue with Winterboard right now that doesn't allow for custom wallpaper with certain themes.

Also, in Winterboard do you have an option for "User Wallpaper"? You might see if that is checked. If needed, drag it above (on top of) your theme. I could be an idiot about this but I believe that the highest ranked option in Winterboard overrides lower ones.

e.g.

Option 1
Option 2
Theme

Options 1 and 2 would override the theme since they are positioned higher. If I'm dead wrong about this someone feel free to say so.

pixelated

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2008
3G iPhones don't have home screen wallpapers enabled by default.
You can edit a .plist somewhere to enable...if you would search, you would find a solution.
I don't think No Docked Icon Labels work

crawfish963

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
Texas
Still Winterboard should have the option to enable custom wallpaper. He should simply have to checkmark it.

crawfish963

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
Texas
This:

photo.PNG

Abby6497

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2010
Ashland, Ohio
I had the same problem, I could not get winterboard to let me set my own user wallpaper on the homescreen. Here is the site that I used and it worked perfectly.

http://jaxov.com/2010/06/enable-home-screen-wallpaper-ios-4-iphone-3g-without-redsn0w/

only thing is it tells you that you need to add a source to get iFile to work. I dont believe you have to because it gave me an error when i added it and I was still able to download iFile. Then Cydia kept giving me an error so I went in and deleted the source using iFile and my background and iFile still work fine.

outcastrc

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2009
BC, Canada
When I upgraded to 4.0.1 I used jailbreakme.com and had the same problem.

I edited the file “/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/N82AP.plist”
and added the following text using iFile:

<key>homescreen-wallpaper</key>
<true/>
<key>gas-gauge-battery</key>
<true/>

Abby6497

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2010
Ashland, Ohio
When I upgraded to 4.0.1 I used jailbreakme.com and had the same problem.

I edited the file “/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/N82AP.plist”
and added the following text using iFile:

<key>homescreen-wallpaper</key>
<true/>
<key>gas-gauge-battery</key>
<true/>

Ok the battery thing will that show the percentage? I went in and edited it but it did not show up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.