iPhone 3G with att gophone - very slow

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andii3, Mar 29, 2011.

1. andii3 macrumors newbie

I got an iphone 3g it's 4.2.1 I disabled spotlight but it's still very very slow I basically can't use my apps. The phone was someone else's. It is jailbroken (I think) because it has cydia. (?)

I was told not to reset/reboot it(?) because it was unlocked and that everything would get messed up. It says AT&T on the top left, and the sim card is a ATT GoPhone. (?) But I want to factory reset it so I can Downgrade it (because I read downgrading makes it fast)

It's my 2nd day owning a mac iphone I need help clearing things up :confused:

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Go to settings/general/about and let us know the modem firmware version.
    If it has the 06.15.00 baseband then you cannot restore to factory firmware cause it will be stuck in recovery mode.
    You might be able to downgrade it down to 3.1.3 but lets see where you're at first.

3. andii3 thread starter macrumors newbie

:eek:
    05.11.07 Modem Firmware :confused:
    I'm now using iclarified for 3.1.3 I hope that is okay

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nice, so you'll be able to restore to official firmware.
    What I suggest is restore to 3.1.3 since anything above 4.0 version will be slow as hell on the iphone 3G.
    Download the official 3.1.3 fimrware from here: http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite...00202.pbnrt/iPhone1,2_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw
    Then open up itunes, plug in your iphone and hold down the shift or option key on your keyboard and click restore.
    Then itunes will let you select the firmware file you downloaded from the link above.
    Give that a shot to see if its any better.

5. andii3 thread starter macrumors newbie