iPhone 3G with yellowsn0w, voicemail not working.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by OCDMacGeek, Jan 24, 2009.

1. OCDMacGeek macrumors 6502a

OCDMacGeek

I just switched from an unlocked iPhone 2G to the iPhone 3G with yellowsn0w. I use an obscure local carrier called Cellular One here in Montana. On the iPhone 2G, my voicemail button would always just call my voicemail number. I never did any setup to make it work properly -- it just did it automatically.

With my new iPhone 3G, which is unlocked with yellowsn0w, it tries to setup visual voicemail when I hit the voicemail button. Of course, my provider doesn't allow visual voicemail, so it can't setup. But I cannot seem to get the button to function as it used to -- i.e. simply calling my voicemail number when I hit it.

I have heard that dialing *5005*86*[Your Voice mail Number]# will do it, but I can't get this to work thus far. My provider doesn't seem to have a 3 digit voicemail number. It just has a full backdoor voicemail number, which doesn't work when I try to enter it.

Can anyone please provide some assistance?

2. whatthehe11 macrumors newbie

heya!

what are the digits of the full backdoor voice mail number it currently has? there r a few steps prior to entering the *5005*86*..... i will get back to you as soon as i confirm the exact execution.

[/I][/I][/I]