iPhone 3g wont boot or recognised by pc.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Nugget2468, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Nugget2468 macrumors newbie

I tried doing a factory reset on my iPhone 3g and when it restarted it goes to the apple logo but as soon as the spinning sheel comes up it freezes. The spinning logo is behind the apple logo but doesnt move. If I leave it like that it just resets after 10 mins roughly and does the same thing.
    If I plug it into the computer while it is doing this or if I put it into DFU mode the computer doesnt detect anything at all. I have tried 2 computers and 3 usb cables and nothing at all. Not in iTunes or device manager.
    The iPhone does charge off of the usb when its plugged into the computer though.
    Is there anything I can do to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. flyingninjas macrumors member

how do you know it is charging if it cannot get to lockscren/normal mode?

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1538

this link ^ might be helpful.

http://www.everythingicafe.com/forum/threads/iphone-not-recognized-by-computer.11061/

i just assumed you are running windows. if these dont help:

is there any physical damage to your phone or is the water indicater in the headphone jack pink? if so i would replace the dock connector assembly inside iphone (<$10 on ebay). if that dosent help it might be a motherboard issue :(

3. Nugget2468 thread starter macrumors newbie

I can tell its charging because when it goes to the red battery telling me to plug it in when I try to turn it on the little plug goes away and charges up.
    Theres no damage to it at all. I was thinking about replacing the dock connector but I want to be 100% sure its that first :/

4. Epic Orange macrumors member

Epic Orange

Why don't you try using recboot on windows to get into recovery mode, and try to get out of recovery mode with it? (if recboot will recognize your iDevice)