iPhone 3G won't boot past charging/apple logo

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by helios16v, Oct 27, 2011.

1. helios16v macrumors regular

I finally ordered everything to fix my old iPhone 3G and after finishing it all today, the little bugger won't turn on. I remember having this problem before with it and I don't remember how I got it to turn on before.

It turns on, displays that it needs to be charged, notices it's plugged in and changing charging icon to only the lightning bolt, after awhile it's absorbed enough juice to start powering up. It'll sit at the Apple logo for a bit then decides that it wants more power so it goes back to saying it's changing and won't stop doing this cycle. I just left it for the last few hours to see if anything happened and it won't turn on.

I don't remember what's on the iPhone so I didn't wanna restore in DFU just yet, if it comes down to it though I guess it's all I have as an option.

Just curious if anyone else has found an alternate solution to this other then restoring.

2. helios16v thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

After much dispute with the iPhone, I've decided to just go ahead and restore however the iPhone won't go into Recovery mode or DFU mode to restore.

Any ideas now? I can't even restore it!!