iPhone 3g WONT CHARGE OR SYNC

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cskysla90, Jun 14, 2011.

1. cskysla90 macrumors newbie

Ok so my phone was working fine, and then I went to a friends house to stay for a few nights and i plugged my phone into her laptop with MY OWN usb cord, i noticed that it didn't pop up in her itunes to sync or not, but I just dismissed it cause I just needed it to charge cause i didn't have my adapter. I noticed that it wasn't charging right, and Id had to go jiggle the cord every now and then to get it charging again. So once I got home I wanted to sync more music on my phone from my own laptop but itunes nor my computer (windows vista) won't recognize it and i WAS getting a notice popping up saying unknown port can't detect and something about my device being malfunctioned.
    Also I did have to jiggle the cord a bit for it to charge, through the adapter or laptop, now it doesn't charge through the adapter and it does charge through my laptop if I jiggle the cord enough but my laptop/itunes doesn't recognize it.

Is my phone defective or the cord? Im not tech savvy. Help please :/

2. atlanticza macrumors 6502a

atlanticza