iPhone 3g wont charge

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ryanklimt, Dec 2, 2010.

1. ryanklimt macrumors newbie

I had my unlocked iphone running 3.0 charging on my laptop last night when i went to bed and when i woke up this morning i looked at my iphone and saw a black screen with a empty battery in the center with an elecrticity symbol underneath it. i have tried holding down home and power many times already and have had no success. i was able to put it in dfu mode and i tried to restore it but halfway through it died on me. i tried again and it did the same thing. i have worked on this all day and have had no success. i hope someone out there knows thats happening and can help me. thanks

2. lexxi89 macrumors member

Im having the same problem..i really dont know why

3. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Just to cover the basics,

-Check to make sure there's no lint or other debri in the iPhone's port, the USB port, or in the cable ends. (had pocket lint get into my 30-pin port once, and this happened)
    -Check all connections for bent, broken or loose pins. (esp. if you found debris there)
    -Try a different USB device.
    -Try different cable or even a car charger.

If for whatever reason your iPhone can't charge, you won't be able to restore.