iphone 3g wont come up

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by drious, Dec 17, 2010.

1. drious macrumors newbie

Its been about 11 hours now that i haven't seen my iphone 3g's home screen
    i decided to erase all contents on iphone this morning and it did the might take about an hour to erase thing and i let it do its job in about 45 minutes, the progress bar had finished and it was just an apple logo that was on the screen for about 30 minutes,then a rolling kind of thing was turning round the under of the apple for another like 45 minutes,i guessed the phone was hooking so i switched it of by pressing and holding both the sleep/wake and home button till the phone went blank, then i turned it on and it did the same thing,it hooked at the apple point of booting the phone.

Ive left it to stay on that apple logo point for about 2 hours and nno progress, ive left it off for about 1 hour too and no progress after turn on, then i just kept on turning it off and on for about 4 hours till i was angry and left it to do whatever on the hooking point 3 hours ago i noticed it turns it self off and on,hooks at the apple logo still then finally went off totally

The phone is currently blank/off and i haven't turned it on after it turned itself off because i dont know what to do.

Minus the manual and automatic rebooting done by me and the phone i connected it to both power and my p.c but no progress,my p.c didnt even make the noise it makes when a device is connected not to talk of itunes recognizing it,so i cant restore the phone cause of this.

Its running ios 3.1.3
    jailbroken with cydia

PLEASE I NEED HELP,THIS IS THE ONLY PHONE I HAVE AND I DONT HAVE MONEY FOR A NEW ONE

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Charge it with the wall charger for about two hours. Put your phone into DFU mode. Open itunes, connect your phone, hit <option>+restore and choose the 3.1.3 ipsw. You're lucky that you don't need SHSH blobs for 3G for 3.1.3. If you were on 4.1, you'd have issues without the blobs.

FYI: you never erase all contents with a phone. It's like reformatting a hard drive. There are easier and better ways to erase your phone.

edit: I don't know what the windows keyboard version of <option> is. Sorry.