Iphone 3g won't connect to computer - water damage?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ryanlloyd80, Feb 14, 2010.

1. ryanlloyd80 macrumors newbie

My iphone 3g worked great until last week. It just all of a sudden will not connect to the computer-at all! It will however charge from the wall charger but does not show that the charger is connected.

So I decided to wipe the phone clean and try to start over and now the phone is stuck on the activate screen with the option to make emergency calls. I can't activate it because it won't connect to the internet. It is under warranty and took it to Apple. Apparently the water strip on the bottom of the phone is red. I have no idead how water got on it. They won't do anything with it.

Is there any fix for this? or do I just call it a day on the phones life?

Thanks

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Call it a day or have them replace it for $199

3. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

4. ryanlloyd80 thread starter macrumors newbie

I went inot apple and they told me they do anything for me. they never mentioned that they could replace it for $200. WTF

5. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

thats apple's out of warranty water damage offer thing. its standard with all iphones.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I was next to a person at the Apple store who had her phone damaged. The Genius told them they couldn't do anything, until I reminded him about the $199 OOW coverage. She got a new phone for $199.