Iphone 3g won't connect to computer.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SLJones, Sep 26, 2010.

1. SLJones macrumors newbie

My jailbroken iphone 3g recently stopped connecting to computers. It's not the cable, or a problem with my computer. I CAN charge it through ac adapters and in my car, but when plugged into a pc, xbox, wii, etc., nothing happens. The iphone won't charge, and the system won't detect the device. It also stills connects properly to stereo docks, like cars and ihome type systems.

My last sync was about 2 days ago. The only change I've made since then was installing Yourtube 2. Anybody know of any problems involving Yourtube? I tried deleting it, but it didn't help. The phone hasn't been dropped or come in contact with moisture, so it's unlikely to be a hardware problem, unless the hardware up and died on it's own.

Any Ideas?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Put the device into DFU mode (see link in sig below) and your computer should recognize it. Then restore it and rejalbreak it if necessary.

3. SLJones thread starter macrumors newbie

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    No problem. It always does. :)

5. twit macrumors newbie

I have tried to enter dfu mode by my itunes wont recognize it. What do I do now?

(stuck in the exact situation as op)