iphone 3G won't connect to Wifi

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by delirament, Apr 8, 2010.

1. delirament macrumors newbie

Hi I've always been able to connect to my home wifi, but lately it stopped working for no reason - after i performed a general reset of the phone and changed my sim card, after the phone being switched off for a week.

The problem is that i can detect the network and input the password just fine, and in the wifi settings, it shows a tick and I am connected to the network with full signal strength. However next to the battery icon, there is no wifi "fan" signal, and i am still on the 3G network.

Whenever I try to enter the internet I can tell I'm not on wifi as it is very slow. Also I turned it to airplane mode, and turned wifi back on and it says i am connected, but when i access safari it says no internet connection - clearly I am not connected at all.

Whenever i boot up the phone again it also takes as long as 1 minute or 2, and upon restarting, it says i have incorrect password for my wifi, however when i enter in the exact same password the phone accepts it.

I have tried:
    - resetting network settings
    - forgetting network and re-entering (i have done this so many times that the phone now automatically detects the network anyway (it is supposed to be a hidden network)
    - full reset in itunes
    - switching on and off
    - switching to airplane mode and off

The router works fine with my computer and with other computers in the house, and previously could work with the iphone. I haven't been able to reset the router or change the router password because for some reason I can't access the configuration page.

To clarify, the network worked perfectly until recently. I'm using an iphone 3G with latest software and no jailbreak.

Help please? :)

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

It does sound like a router problem. Are you on the b, g, or n band, or is it auto? The iPhone won't work on n. So, if for some reason your router started broadcasting in n, then you wouldn't be able to get internet access.

You might try resetting your router (disconnect and shutoff for 30 seconds).

3. mirage420247 macrumors newbie

iphone wifi stopped working

my wifi wont completely connect it shows a ip address and subnet mask but no router, dns or search domains ive tried resetting network, forgeting network, renewing lease, tuning phone off and nothing seams to effect it what can i do to fix it but my boyfriends iphone is still connecting just fine to the wifi