iPhone 3g wont find wifi - internet doesnt work on 3g or edge either.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Neya, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Neya macrumors newbie

I got my iPhone 3g for Christmas. So its barely over a month old. Firmware is 2.2 (have not updated most recent firmware). Also, not( nor has it ever been) jailbroken.

Up until today internet had no problems on wifi, edge, or 3g. Today nothing changed, I downloaded nothing, updated nothing, had no problems or hiccups to speak of. Did some calls. All day my iPhone couldnt find any wifi networks in my area (we have several, including our house wifi with WEP). I didnt think much of it at the time. Internet browsing worked this morning on 3g.
    Later in the day the internet stopped working on 3g and edge. Periodically it *may* work, If I click refresh several times, but usually not. At this point I made sure my actual network was working (which it is). 3g & edge both have full bars.
    I reset, hard reset, and also did a reset of network settings on the iPhone to no avail.

Although maybe unrelated (I should mention in case it is related) Ive had a lot of problems since getting it that have slowly escalated, especially since going from 2.0 to 2.2 - where I had to do a full restore to update because update threw it into recovery mode).
    My iPhone has had more major hiccups lately (within the last week) Two of which were odd.
    Once I was getting a phone call but the screen was black while it rang and remained black. A hard reset fixed this, but I missed the call. However, it showed up on missed calls.
    Another weird crash was when I was updating apps and something went wrong and none of the touch features worked anymore(scrolling app pages, opening icons), however all exterior buttons worked. I could initiate soft reset, but could not use slider. The home button would sleep/wake but could not unlock because again sliders wouldnt work. Again, hard reset worked.

iPhone hasnt been dropped, or exposed to water (water mark in headphone jack is white still). In fact Ive more than babied it.

2. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

3. Neya thread starter macrumors newbie

2 restores in less than a month? Is this a common iPhone occurance?

4. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

If you're close to a local Apple store, it's time to pay them a visit ;)

5. pugnut macrumors 6502a

No Internet with 3g

I updated to the new version and noticed that I am having issues with the screen and the internet connection on 3g. I turn on edge and no issues, my wife did not update and she has no issues with the internet on 3g

6. Neya thread starter macrumors newbie

Id say its the same problem cept with me its on edge, 3g, and wifi, leaving me with de nada. I'll try the restore. But im thinking I should go to an apple store and lay my "case" down on the table. Im starting to think I have a faulty phone in some way.
    The fractures after the 2nd day of owning it was bad enough, but I was going to live with it as it was just a cosmetic problem. I do, however, need a functioning phone, especially in case of emergencies when Im home alone. I cant have it lagging up or locking up waiting for a hard reset to go through.