iPhone 3G won't restore to jailbreak!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by vinay427, Jul 18, 2009.

1. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Hey,

I just decided to jailbreak for the 84729382th time. So I create the .ipsw, connect my phone to iTunes, and do the option-Restore thing and choose the right thing. Then, iTunes says it's "Preparing iPhone for restore." So I'm browsing MR :D while that's happening. Suddenly, my iTunes icon starts bouncing in the dock. Then, I read the message: "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1604)." So I click the More Information button, and it opens a page in Safari that gives some tips. I then updated iTunes to 8.2.1 and tried again. Nope. Restarted and tried again. Nope. So, anyone know why this is happening?

Long story short, my phone won't restore to a jailbreak .ipsw and gives error 1604.

Thanks a lot in advance for any help!

2. vinay427 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Sorry for the bump, but I can't really be phone-less in this day and age. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Again, sorry mods, but I really need it this time.

3. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Try putting the iPhone into DFU mode then restore?

4. FuriousD macrumors member

5. vinay427 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Thanks guys, but I finally got it working. I started to restore it normally (3.0) and surprisingly it worked and instead of showing the connect to iTunes screen it showed an :apple: logo. So then I option-chose the JB software and it worked. Thanks again!

I just have a random question. Didn't want to create a whole new thread for it. Anyway, what's the difference between Redsnow, Yellowsnow, Ultrasnow, and Pwnage Tool? I couldn't find anything on the Dev Team Blog. Thanks again!

6. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

It's in the dev team blog. You just gotta look at the older post.

It's quite easy to answer your question by just 'searching'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jailbreak_(iPhone_OS)