iPhone 3g won't start after replacing housing

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Sixx21, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Sixx21 macrumors newbie

I just ordered a replacement housing for my iPhone 3g after my old one had become extremely scratched up. I followed the instructions on the website I purchased it from, but:

1. Ribbon 3 came off first (before 1 and 2) by accident without the white clip being angled at 45 degress, but now it is lost, after I pulled it out by accident when trying to angle it afterwards
    2. I caused a random short/spark when my screwdriver slipped when removing a screw on the motherboard (although I DID have the phone off)
    3. All ribbons were removed afterwards

Now, I stopped at the point where I was supposed to remove the motherboard, for fear that something wasn't going to work properly, so I undid my changes so far, but now that it is reassembled, it will NOT start.

If anyone can give any suggestions, such as:

1. What I need to buy
    2. What I need to change
    3. Do I need to replace the cables in reverse order?
    4. Can I get a replacement white clip thing for ribbon 3
    5. Am I screwed?

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could guide me in the right direction.

EDIT: I just found the white clip (major fluke, found behind a baseboard) , now I need a way to get it back on the thing.

2. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

I think you have messed up a lot of things that you may not be able to fix. I think you may of shorted something by causing that spark with the screwdriver. No offense but, I don't think you are suited to do this job based on you previous mess ups.:rolleyes: I would take a look at iResQ.

David