iPhone 3G won't turn on after iOS 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by imrandy85, Jun 29, 2010.

1. imrandy85 macrumors newbie

Since I updated to iOS 4 my iphone 3G will never turn on after it goes to sleep. As long as I keep it on there seems to be no problem. As long as the iphone is plugged in, there is no problem. I have restored the iPhone and setup as new iphone and found no change. While the iphone is unresponsive the battery is draining very, very quickly. Pressing the home and top button does bring the iphone back to the home screen but obviously I don't want to do this every time I want to use my iphone for something. I called Apple customer service and all they wanted me to do was to restore the iphone which I told them that I had already done. Regardless, they had me try to restore it again over the phone when I reached a 1602 error in iTunes. I get this same error on 2 different computers using 2 different OS's (Windows 7 and Vista). When I restored the iphone originally I did so in recovery mode. Haven't seen anyone else with this problem, any suggestions? The closest apple store is 115 miles away.

2. broncopde macrumors 6502

Did Apple not agree to replace your phone or have you send it in so they could fix it?

3. imrandy85 thread starter macrumors newbie

No, while on the phone with apple support they wanted me to restore the phone and call them back. But I haven't been able to do that.

4. broncopde macrumors 6502

I gotcha. Well, for me personally, I wouldn't want a phone that up and does this cause even if it might get fixed somehow now I'd be worried it would freak out again sometime. All that to say that I would definitely be looking to get Apple to send you a replacement.

5. imrandy85 thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I'm just going to suck it up and make a weekend trip to the apple store. Guess I'm going a week without a phone.