iPhone 3G wont turn on

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by chaitanyakaul, May 2, 2012.

1. chaitanyakaul macrumors newbie

Hey guys

i have this iphone 3G for 2 years as of now... From few days it's not powering on...
    i left it to charge for many hours with different cables,,, tried to enter the DFU mode my button combination... but i guess nothing is working

the screen is like totally off...nothn!!
    please help!!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

2. motorazr macrumors 6502

motorazr

The Frozen Waste...wait. Duluth, Minnesota.
    Did it have any accident at all? Leave it in the bathroom while you had a shower? Any potential you can think of for water damage?

Otherwise, try unplugging it and leaving it off for a good while... letting it really drain to 0...

My iPhone 3G did that once but I don't remember why (if any reason.....), and I know it randomly came back to life after not touching it for a few days.

Is your power button still in full working order? I know that my 3G has a really iffy power power button at this point. You could take it to apple, though it's out of warranty, I'm sure... they'll at least look at it free and say "yep, it's a goner" or something.. Hope that's been any help. I'll ask my friend who's worked at the genius bar for years if you'd like.

3. chaitanyakaul thread starter macrumors newbie

thanx for the reply man

no man my iphone didnt have any kind of fall...it was lyk i left it switched off for a quite a few months... and day before yeasterday when i tried to charge it their wasnt any kind of response i left it to charge for lyke a day... it just got heated by it... :( :(

4. motorazr macrumors 6502

motorazr

The Frozen Waste...wait. Duluth, Minnesota.
    It heated? Try looking at the dock connector and making sure its totally free of dirt / whatnot. I know that the iPhone is supposed to power on when you plug it in, even if it's totally dead (as in, it should at least partially power up and show the little charging icon+do nothing else).

You should also try a different cord or brick. Make sure there isn't a problem there. Or just take it to apple and have them try to plug it in, if one is close by ;).

Here's hoping!