iphone 3g working with tmobile, battery drains fast

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alejandrodj, Aug 14, 2009.

1. alejandrodj macrumors newbie

i switched to tmobile cuz the carrier settings let me use the mms and in general tmobile is cheaper than att so i switched. att is way too expensive and we cant even send mms on the iphone so i unlocked my phone but once i put the tmobile sim card. the phone seems to get a bit warm right in the middle where the sim card goes. and the the battery starts draining very fast, very very fast.
    is there any solution to that without having to stop using my tmobile services on the iphone 3g? thanks guys

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    What kind of jailbroken stuff do you have installed? My iPhone on T-Mobile functions as normal. Are you on 3.0.1? You should try doing a DFU restore/update to that, and rejailbreak it if you aren't.

3. DoctorPeppers macrumors newbie

DoctorPeppers

i believe the dev-team refined ultrasn0w so it fixed this problem. try visiting this link if you havn't already
    http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

4. alejandrodj thread starter macrumors newbie

i updated to 3.0.1 then installed cidya. then installed ultrasnow (latest one) . i started having that issue. i dfu'd then tried with icy. but for some reason icy wont install the ultrasnow. it gives me some error. then i had to go with cidya again. cidya lets me install ultrasnow. but it keeps draining the battery fast after i put the tmobile sim.

im about to try the link u posted. thanks guys. ill let you know.