iPhone 3g works, but no DATA!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Hard-Hat-Mac, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Hard-Hat-Mac macrumors regular

So I had to Direct fufill my order. I went yesterday and the At&t dude used my old SIM card from my RAZR which did not have a data plan.

Now i can call people make texts etc. but I can't get access to any dat not even edge.

He told me the SIM that came in the iPhone was activated and to use it as a backup SIM. Should I try that SIM to see if the data will work?

Also my visual voice mail is not working even after I set it up Could this be a SIM card thing too?

Thanks,
    Tim

2. Shoupgroup macrumors newbie

More headaches in more places!

Same issue here. I ported over my old cell number, but was told a SIM card change would be necessary to complete the port. Had to go back to AT&T Store to get activated, again. Voice and Text work but no data either. Finally got through to someone at AT&T that knows something about the iPhone. He had me hold the power button and Home button together for about 7 seconds. It powered down, and when it came back I had 3G again. However, I still cannot get my voicemail going. Still playing iPhone ping pong between Apple and AT&T. AT&T swears everything is provisioned correctly in their system. I still keep getting error messages.

One other thing, iTunes and my iPhone (under HOME>SETTINGS>PHONE) show my old SIM card cell number (the one from before the port). No one can seem to help me out with this.

Good luck!