Iphone 3G World wide launch dates?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by preguntonontrac, Jul 14, 2008.

1. preguntonontrac macrumors 6502

Hello

I was talking a french online friend and he confirmed that in his orange local store there are ads with july 17th for the iphone 3g release in there. Another online friend from Argentina told me that in his Claro store they have ads with 24th july for the release date.

Info i could not find, So if anyone knows where to find more release dates for some country i dont ask for all because its obvious not all country have them until later, But from the 70 countries their most be more release dates available.

Thanks

2. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

3. alvintwj macrumors member

alvintwj

4. Twyntub macrumors member

In Spain, on the Costa Blanca, they will be 'shipping iPhones to stores sometime this week'. Official launch date is 11th July, but Movistar haven't shipped them to the stores their iPhone microsite claims.

No point of sale visible apart from in one El Corte Ingles yesterday which had a poster of the iPhone 3G up, but alas no iPhones.

Presumably there is a problem with either the phones, activation, network, etc which is preventing release.

Update: have just been into the ECI store in Elche (Alicante region) - they had a handful of iPhones but 'only for customers that had reserved them'. Didn't know when stock would be in for the rest of us. No queues, though.

Tried another store - 'no stock until SEPTEMBER'...!

Other observations:

- The person in front of me who HAD ordered an iPhone, his phone came up at 499 euro ($790) before the discount was applied.
    - The ECI staff seemed to know what they were doing. From start to finish the process only seemed to take ten minutes including paperwork and activation.
    - No sign of any white phones...

5. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow i did not know you could pre order it in other countries, but something strange on how they are operating and based on your observations how could they not a offer a white phone?

6. antielectrons macrumors newbie

I just spoke to movistar in Spain. No white iPhone until september...