Iphone 3gs 16g restarts itself while restoring in DFU mode.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by joanneforever, Jun 28, 2011.

1. joanneforever macrumors newbie

When i plug my iPhone to my computer and try to restore it, it comes up with error 1611 and says it cannot restore, and then i realized it keeps turning off and then back on while trying to restore it, the phone is in dfu mode, i have tried on 2 different computers, and have used 3 different leads, i have uninstalled and installed iTunes and did updates and made sure all security programs are compatable, i cant get into the phone at all to manually install it either.

2. ylerT macrumors regular

ylerT

Sounds like you may have a hardware issue. Possibly a bad dock connector or battery. Does your phone show anything when it's not plugged into a computer or charger?

3. joanneforever thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes it shows a picture of the iPhone connector cable to the picture of iTunes, i brought it from someone and they told me it was working fine the day before they sent it to me (Appariently)

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yep, that's what they all say.
    It was working great before, I dont know what happened:eek:

5. joanneforever thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea i know xD tell me about it, i regret buying it now, cant seem to get it working, just keeps telling me error 1611