iphone 3gs 16gb vs 8gb

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by djpuma, Jul 11, 2011.

1. djpuma macrumors regular

Which do you think has a better resale value when the supposed new iphone drops in September.
    White iphone 3gs 16gb, out of warranty, no apple care
    Black iPhone 3gs 8gb, warranty good until May 2012 (1st year)

The black one is in immaculate condition and the white has normal wear and tear for a probably 2 yr old phone.

I got both of these used off of craiglist and unsure which to keep for now and sell off in a few months.

Selling one now and selling one when the iphone 4s/5 (whatever the name) drops in September.

Thoughts?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. djpuma thread starter macrumors regular

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Although the 8GB would be the newest of the two, it seems that the 16GB fetches more because it has the highest storage capacity.

When determining which one to sell, it just depends on how much storage capacity you need until September. You could probably get the most cash out of the deal if you ditch the 16 now and keep the 8 until the fall.

5. djpuma thread starter macrumors regular

I honestly don't use my phone for much storage at all. I never had more than a few mixes on my phone as far as much and not much apps. Right now I'm using under 2 gigs of total storage.
    I do like the white, but the the 8gb looks pretty much brand new.
    I'll probably just sell off the white 16gb now.

Thanks

6. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Good idea! :)